Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day One Do-over

To be completely honest I got pretty far in this book the first time around. But then one night Jake and I got into a really bad fight and I got really mad and hurt. In that moment I felt like this book was silly and not helping anything... so I tore it up into really little pieces. I felt bad afterwards. But it was something that I felt like doing at the time. I suppose we can all be immature sometimes. Anyways, I got the book again, along with three small journals, and I plan on starting this again. I don't think that our marriage is in danger. But I do think I need to learn to be a better wife. I get really impatient for no good reason, and I'm not always nice. So I am setting out to do this Love Dare to be a better version of me. I hope I stick to it. Now that I am a regular blogger I think it will be easier for me to journal everyday. I am hoping for the best :) I will blog about each day the morning after so that I have a better perspective of how the whole day before went. If you follow me along on this journey I hope I don't bore you to death. I hope this blog really reflects the honest love I have for my husband and my desire to be better to him at all times :)



Day One: Love is Patient


Today's Dare


The first part of this dare is fairly
simple. Although love is communicated
in a number of ways, our words often
reflect the condition of our heart. For
the next day, resolve to demonstrate
patience and to say nothing negative
to your spouse at all. If the temptation
arises, choose not to say anything. It’s
better to hold your tongue than to say
something you’ll regret.

No comments: